Growing up my mom was famous for her artichoke dip at every party and it was the most requested app. Carrying on the tradition, it has become a favorite among my friends as well. This app is easy to make but it is definitely not the healthiest. I've considered trying to make a low-cal option but since we only eat it a few times a year at holiday parties, why not keep the original as is?
What you'll need:
1 (15 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained & chopped (be sure to drain as much liquid when squeezing artichokes)
12 oz part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grate parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon parsley
What you'll need to do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, comine all the ingredients.
- Transfer to a 1 to 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Using a paper towel, blot the grease from the surface.
Best served immediately with sliced french baguette.